Are you looking for exciting new items to fire up on your grill? Here is a fast fish summer recipe which includes plenty of tropical flavour to mesmerize your taste buds. Do not let the list of ingredients fool you; as this is an easy recipe that will take your tilapia dish to the next level with a refreshing and citrus summer twist.
Yield (Serving for 2 people)
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- Two 4.5-ounce fillets raw tilapia
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, mango nectar, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, molasses, and garlic powder.
- Next, whisk thoroughly, and then stir in diced tomatoes and mango.
- Place fish and sauce in a container and toss the fish until it is coated.
- Cover the mixture and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Use a skillet sprayed with non stick spray to medium heat on the stove.
- Add fish and marinade. Once marinade begins to simmer, cover and cook until the fish is tender and cooked through; about 5 minutes.
- Plate the tilapia and top with any excess marinade from the skillet. Garnish with cilantro.
The mango tilapia is a light and refreshing dish that is perfect for your next summer party and will leave your guest wanting more! Let us know how your mango tilapia turned out! We would love to hear from you.