Warning: It is deadly delicious
Could there be anything more satisfying than chocolate mousse? We don’t think so!
Try our delectable classic chocolate mousse recipe! Filled with smooth, creamy whip cream to make a chocolate mousse topped with a garnish of chocolate shavings!
It is certainly a dose of happiness that you could not resist. This silky-smooth chocolate mousse offers a divine combination of wonderful flavours that will have your guest asking for more!
Enjoy this amazing recipe straight from our Edge Social Grille & Lounge kitchen!
Secret Ingredients for the classic chocolate mousse recipe
7 oz Bitter sweet chocolate – chopped
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup whipping cream
¼ cup brewed espresso, cooled
3 Tbsp brandy
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
1 pinch salt
3 tbsp sugar
Add chocolate shavings to garnish your classic chocolate mousse.
How to prepare the classic chocolate mousse
– Firstly, melt the chocolate and butter in a metal bowl and place over a pot of barely simmering water. Thereafter stir gently until melted.
– Next, remove from the heat and allow to cool while preparing the other chocolate mousse components.
– Whip the cream to soft peaks and stir in the espresso and brandy.
– Chill until ready to use.
– In a clean bowl, whip the egg whites with the salt until foamy, then gradually add the sugar while continuing to whip the whites until they hold a soft peak when the beaters are lifted.
– By now the chocolate should be cooled to just above room temperature.
– Fold the whipped cream quickly into the chocolate in 2 additions, then fold in the whites all at once (to make the chocolate mousse soft).
– Pour this into desired serving dishes and chill until set for about 3 hours.
– Lastly, top with chocolate shavings before serving your delicious classic chocolate mousse!.
The classic chocolate mousse recipe is one of the easiest to prepare and will end your meal on a high note!
So do not miss out on the luscious chocolate and smooth whipped cream fusion that will leave your taste buds asking for more!
Let us know how your classic chocolate mousse turned out! We would love to hear from you!