Embrace fall with our traditional pumpkin pie recipe!
There’s nothing more traditional for fall than pumpkin pie, but its history may surprise you!
The word pumpkin actually comes from the Greek word “pepon,” which stands for large melon. Eventually pepon turned into “pompon,” which the English changed to “pumpion”. The new colonists then decided to change the word to the name we know and adore today, which is pumpkin!
Do you want to bring the taste of fall to your table? Our recipe offers a perfect blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and pumpkin which energizes this pumpkin pie recipe.
Make the most of fall and Halloween season and treat your taste buds to our enticing recipe that truly represents the seasonal flavours!
Our pumpkin pie recipe comes straight out of The Edge Social Grille & Lounge kitchen!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 10 minutes
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Pie Recipe
What makes pumpkin pie so special?
- 1 canned pumpkin
- 1 sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
How to make the pumpkin pie recipe!
– Firstly, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
– Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in a medium bowl until smooth.
– Pour into the crust and bake for 15 minutes.
– Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking for 35- 40 minutes or insert a knife 1 inch from crust to see if it comes out clean.
– Cool and garnish as desired.
– Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Make plans to try out this amazing recipe, after all, tis the season for all things pumpkin!
The pumpkin pie is the signature flavour of fall so go ahead and give it a try! This one is a winner, and a lovely pie to kick off your fall baking!
Let us know how your pumpkin pie turned out!