Our Finest Buttermilk Scones
Hot and fresh from the oven, these buttermilk scones are perfect for spring time snacking!
With it’s moist and tender flavour the buttermilk scones are effortless to prepare and will certainly be a hit at your next tea party.
Take a look at our easy step by step recipe straight from our kitchen at the Edge Social Grille and Lounge.
3 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup currants (optional)
1 tablespoon heavy cream, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add butter and mix with your fingertips to a coarse meal. Add buttermilk and mix just until combined. Add currants, if desired.
- Transfer dough to a floured board and divide into 2 parts.
- Roll each to 3/4 inch thick rounds. Cut each round into 8 wedges and place slightly separated on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with the cream, and bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Tip: Serve warm, split in half with butter and marmalade.
We would love to hear your feedback on how your Buttermilk scones turned out.