Our Delicious Creamy Mushroom Soup
Are you beginning to feel the chill in the evenings as you hurry home from work? Making a batch of our homemade mushroom soup is guaranteed to warm you up.
Try our homemade soup, the perfect dish to start your evening meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 lbs mushrooms (cut in half)
- 1 onion
- 4 celery steams
- ¼ cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 lb butter
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1L whipping cream
- 1L vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 fl oz light soy sauce
- ½ cup red cooking wine
- ½ cup of honey
- Salt & pepper and fresh lemon juice
Garnish: Fine chopped parsley and truffle oil
- Cook mushrooms, onion, and celery in butter until soft.
- Add fresh thyme and flour.
- Cook flour/vegetable mixture on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add whipping cream, bring to the boil.
- Add stock, bring to the boil over medium/high heat.
- Puree soup with emersion blender (leave a bit of texture; no large chunks)
- Add soy sauce, red cooking wine and honey.
- Season to taste with S&P and lemon juice.
To finish garnish with fine chopped parsley and truffle oil!
Our creamy mushroom soup recipe was provided to us by our Chef in the Edge Social Grille and Lounge.
Stop by the Edge any day of the week if you would like to try the different “Soup of the Day”
Let us know how your soup turned out!