Take the stress out of dessert making with our Crème Caramel recipe
Did you know that crème caramel is a distant cousin of crème brûlée and the good news is, it’s not that difficult to make!
Crème caramel is the ideal dessert to make, if you are hosting a dinner party, as you can prepare it the day before, giving you more time to spend with your guests. The Crème Caramel is the perfect dessert to make during the busy holiday season!
Take a look at our Crème Caramel Recipe straight from the Edge Social Grille & Lounge Kitchen!
“The greatest dishes are very simple.” — Auguste Escoffier, the “Emperor of Chefs”
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Cooling time: 4 hours/overnight
Serves: 4 people
For the custard: 600 ml milk – 4 eggs – 4 tablespoons sugar
For the caramelized sugar: 100 gm sugar – 150 ml water
- Make caramel: dissolve sugar in water low heat
- One sugar dissolved, increase heat
- Boil mixture without stirring until syrup is golden brown
- Pour into 4 individual ramekins
- Prepare custard: mix milk, egg and sugar in electric blender
- Strain through sieve into moulds
- Bake Bain-Marie style – in tin half full of hot water
- Bake at 175c until set, around 35 minutes
- Remove the tray from the oven and leave sit for roughly five minutes
- Remove ramekins with a pair of tongs and let cool completely
- Once cooled cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
- To unmold from the ramekin, run a small knife around the inside, invert and gently shake
Crème caramel is also known as Flan or Caramel pudding.
We hope you enjoy making this sweet holiday treat!
Let us know how your Crème Caramel turned out!