The Perfect Appetizer, Our Blue Hash Brown Potatoes & Gravlax Tartare Recipe!
Are you hosting a dinner party and looking for the perfect appetizer, try our Blue Hash brown potatoes and gravlax tartare. The dish is also great if you are looking for a light bite. It also makes for a delicious canape, if you are hosting a cocktail party, the options are endless for this dish!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
• 1 lb firm blue potatoes
• 1 tsp fine sea salt
• Fresh ground black pepper
• Cold-pressed olive oil for frying
• 3oz lemon gravlax
• 1 ¾ oz crème fraiche
• Fresh ground black pepper dill or fennel tops if desired
- Peel the potatoes. Wash and cut them into matchsticks (julienne) with a mandolin, or grate them coarsely.
- Turn them with sea salt (1 tsp) in a bowl and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Press all the water out of them – be very persistent! The more water you can get rid of, the easier it is to make nice crispy hash browns.
- Season the potatoes with freshly ground black pepper and divide into 4 portions.
- Heat plenty of oil in a pan. Put the potato portions into the hot oil, pressing them down slightly.
- Fry until golden and crispy on both sides – this will take 6-10 minutes.
- Cut the lemon gravlax into small cubes and mix with the crème fraiche and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top the hash browns with the gravlax tartare add some dill, if desired.
- Drizzle with lemon, if desired.
Let us know how your dish turns out.