Are you looking to make something a little different for breakfast, try this dish, Beef hash cakes with chipotle yogurt.
The perfect breakfast if you have left over roast beef! If you don’t have roast beef substitute for corn beef, it will still taste delicious!
“What nicer thing can you do for somebody than make them breakfast?” – Anthony Bourdain
- 150g braised beef
- 2 fresh flat-leaf of parsley
- A few chives
- 1 large gherkin
- 200g cold mashed potato
- ½ tablespoon English mustard
- 50g plain flour
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 75g panko breadcrumbs
- 200ml groundnut oil
- Shred the beef, then roughly chop the parsley leaves, chives and gherkins
- Place in a large bowl with the mashed potato, mustard and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then mix until combined
- Using your hands, roll it into four balls, before flattering each one into a patty
- Set out three shallow dishes put the flour in the first and season, beat the eggs in the second, and add the panko breadcrumbs in the third
- Roll each patty in the flour, then the egg, shaking off any excess. Then the breadcrumbs, until well coated. Pop them on a plate, cover with Clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Heat the oil in large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the patties gently for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp
- In a serving bowl, mix the yogurt and Tabasco then serve it alongside the beef hash cakes.
Complete your breakfast dish with some rocket and a poached egg.
Let us know how your dish turns out!