Looking to make a delicious and simple salad? Try our Fig Salad with Grapes and Rose Dressing!
This recipe is perfect for a starter or a salad for your lunch, the perfect recipe as we head in to the summer months!
“A well-made salad must have a certain uniformity; it should make perfect sense for those ingredients to share a bowl.” Yotam Ottolenghi
- 8 ripe figs
- 3oz red onion
- 9oz seedless black grapes
- 7oz bitter leaves radicchio, endives
- Rosemary ground black pepper
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary needles
- ¼ tsp freshly ground cardamom seed
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp. black grape juice
- 1 ½ tbsp. balsamic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Chop the rosemary very finely and put it in a small bowl with the cardamom. Add the rose water and honey, and stir until the honey dissolves. Add the grape juice, balsamic apple cider vinegar and cold-pressed olive oil, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let the dressing infuse for at least 15 minutes.
Cut the fig in half and slice the red onion into very thin rings with a mandolin or sharp knife. Cut grapes in half and add to the other cut ingredients, fig and red onion. Wash, rinse and spin the leaves in a spinner until bone dry, then add to the bowl. Mix the salad with the dressing and serve.
We hope you enjoy making this salad, feel free to share your creations with us on our Facebook page