Boxing Day Shopping Survival Guide
Always hold her hand in the shopping mall! If you let go…she shops!!! 🙂
Are you planning on hitting the shops in downtown Vancouver on Boxing Day, Saturday 26, December? We have provided some tips to help with surviving Boxing Day in Vancouver.
The popular downtown shopping streets and department stores are guaranteed to be bustling with eager shoppers hoping to bag the bargain of the year! There is plenty to choose from, try Robson Street, Granville Street or the downtown department stores. Let’s not forget that there are plenty of malls just a few minutes drive from downtown. Read on to find out the hotspots to maximize your boxing day shopping this year!
Robson Street is one of the popular shopping street, you will be spoilt for choice with the variety of shops on this street. The range of shops include Gap, Roots, Guess, Club Monaco, Tommy Hilfiger, and Banana Republic to name but a few. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conference Centre is just three blocks away so you can shop till you drop and head on over for a well deserved rest!
This street is aligned with a number of department stores such as Nordstorm, Pacific Centre, Winners and Hudson Bay. The department stores are always a great option to shop for everything under one roof!
Can’t face the craziness of downtown, you can always venture out to the large department stores located outside downtown.
Metropolis at Metrotown
Located in Burnaby, and is accessible by Sky Train roughly a 15 minutes ride from downtown Vancouver. Metropolis at metrotown holds nearly 400 stores and services, and is British Columbia’s largest shopping centre.
Park Royal is located in West Vancouver. It is the second largest shopping centre in Metro Vancouver and provides a unique shopping experience due to its indoor and open-air shopping combination.
Here a few shopping tips to help with surviving Boxing Day in Vancouver!
- Make a list of items you wish to purchase and stick to your list.
- Plan your shopping route.
- Do up a budget and stick to your budget.
- Bring cash if you are looking for a speedy transaction at the register.
- Set your alarm early and hit the shops.
- Bring a backpack, so you can keep your hands free to browse the sale rails!
- Wear comfy shoes and clothing.
- Eat a good breakfast, don’t feel like cooking, enjoy breakfast in our restaurant, the Edge Social Grille & Lounge we will be serving breakfast from 7 am.
Happy Shopping and we hope you bag a great bargain!